Will the WattWorks Magnetic Fireplace Cover work on your fireplace?
- There must be an exposed steel surface all the way around your fireplace opening. You can test with a small “refrigerator“ magnet to make sure the magnetic frame will seal properly.
- Measure the exposed steel area to be covered by the WattWorks Magnetic Fireplace Cover. Measure the maximum and minimum size that would fit your fireplace. We typically undersize the cover 1/2 inch in each dimension from the max dimension. This allows for 1/4 inch all the way around the cover to line it up.
- There is a 3/16" clearance from the back of the aluminum panel to the surface the magnet attached to. The magnetic strip is 5/8" wide for covers up to 40" wide and 3/4" for panels up to 48" wide.
- The fireplace opening or the surrounding surfaces must not have anything protruding out in front of the steel surface that would interfere with the fireplace cover. For example, glass doors may be mounted inside your fireplace opening but have handles which stick out beyond the steel surface and will prevent the cover from seating properly. A solution to this problem would be to remove the handles or anything else which interferes with the cover.
- The fire must be completly out before applying the cover. The magnetic trim is plastic. If the cover was applied to a burning fire, it could cause a dangerous build up of gasses and the trim would melt.
- Standard covers are up to 40" x 36-1/2". Large covers are up to 48" x 48". Custom Covers can be made larger.